(Veracruz, Mexico, 1910 - 1983, Mexico City)
After attending evening classes at the Escuela Nacional de Bellas Artes (San Carlos), Ocampo studied graphic arts with Fracisco Díaz de León and Carlos Alvarado Lang at the Taller de Artes del Libro from 1929 to 1934. He joined the Liga de Escritores y Artistas Revolucionarios in 1936 and became a professor of Fine Arts for the Ministry of Education. In 1937, he became a founding member of the Taller de Gráfica Popular. The same year, Ocamp exhibited for the first time in the LEAR gallery in Mexico City where his work was shown with that of Gonzalo de la Paz-Pérez and Raul Anguiano. Ocampo illustrated 28 books and a variety of magazines for the publishing house Imprenta y Editorial Cultura during the years 1932-1939.