Pablo O'Higgins (aka Paul Higgins) does not have an image.
(Salt Lake City, Utah, 1904 - 1983, Mexico City)
Moved to Mexico City in 1924.
Moved to San Francisco in 1944.
Moved to Seattle in 1945.
Moved to Mexico City in 1946.
(formerly Paul Higgins)
O’Higgins grew up in California where he studied at the San Diego Academy of Art in 1922-1923. In 1924, after reading about the Mexican Muralist Movement in a magazine, he wrote to Diego Rivera who invited him to work with him in Mexico. O’Higgins became a member of the team that painted murals in the National School of Agriculture (the former chapel of Chapingo). He continued as one of Rivera’s assistants, painting murals for the Ministry of Education between 1925 and 1927. He was a participant in Las Misiones Culturales to La Parrilla, Durango, in 1929-30. From 1933 to 1938, O’Higgins was a member of LEAR. During that time, he painted murals at the Talleres Gráficos de la Nación in Mexico City, in the company of Leopoldo Méndez, Alfredo Zalce and Fernando Gamboa. In 1936 he became sub-chief of the Department of Graphics at the Museum of Industry in Mexico. The following year he was a founding member of the TGP and participated in its activities until 1960. O’Higgins was co-editor of the first monograph published (1930) on José Guadelupe Posada. He along with Jean Charlot and Francis Toor, rescued numerous blocks engraved by Posada and used them in the printing of this book which included an introduction by Rivera.